No AppStore access on dev kit?

Hi,

I'm currently playing around with the dev kit and I noticed that there is no appstore access from the device..

Is it the same for all?

Accepted Reply

That is correct. The App Store app is not currently available.

Replies

That is correct. The App Store app is not currently available.

When can we expect to get access to the App Store on the development kit?

We do not have a specific date to share at this time.

Just to confirm, will the AppStore definetly be avaiable on the developer version of the hardware?

Yes - there will be an update that brings the dev kit OS to absolute parity with shipping units.

Hi, do you have a date on this?

When will shipping of first consumer devices will start?

The UK store curently shows that shipping will be 3rd - 5th Novemeber. However that might change, and there's no guarantee that the App Store will be available from day one.

We will see the app store before next week?

Probably, but as mentioned we dont know. Also at the moment there probably no content available if there were to be an appstore app. Just wait and see. What's the hurry?

What's the hurry? I don't know, actually unlocking the full potential of the device?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/29/technology/personaltech/the-new-apple-tv-invigorates-the-set-top-box.html

Apparently there is an app store on TVOS with apps and everything, according to this review by the NYTimes.

Just to add to this: reviews have started appearing (mashable, theverge) and talk about an app store/apps (Netflix etc.) - so I'm guessing we'll be seeing an update that enables app store on our dev units very very soon now (esp. as consumer devices are supposed to be delivered here in Australia within the next 24hours).

I wonder if we will be getting an official go-ahead email from Apple saying it's okay to start releasing screenshots and marketing our app to the public. It's clear that reviewers have some apps in-hand, but I think we still have to wait until (sometime) tomorrow when real users get their deliveries in the mail.

The App Store app is there now. There's a new tvOS download now on:

https://developer.apple.com/tvos/download/

Posted on Oct, 29. Curiously it's still the same build number as before (13T396).