The resulting API analysis file is too large ...

I have been getting a warning when trying to validate my App (or upload it) that "The resulting API analysis file is too large. We were unable to validate your API usage prior to delivery". I just noticed this warning after enabling bitcode while uploading or validating the App. I thought it might be helpful for other people to know that you may still be able to get your API validated by choosing to do a "Validate" and turning bitcode off before actualy Uploading (with bitcode on). You'll still get the warning on the Upload but at least you'll have some confidence that your API usage was checked.

Cheers

Replies

Getting this too. I raised it in a bug report but didn't hear back.

Same problem here. Moreover I have to uncheck symbols before submitting. And once submitted the app stays always in "processing". This is a pain.

yup i got this too. Seems likely a bug.

Getting this too.

Did you solve it, gregm?

As you and others said, I am getting the same error. I was uploading to the App Store perfectly fine I moved to xCode 7 and Swift 2 migration. I have tried 3 times and I get the "processing" state on iTunesConnect. I tried to de-select Symbols and bitcode.

I just get "the resulting api analysis is too large" informational warning.

Exactly the same problem - using Xcode 7. Did not have a problem with the beta GM. Now been "processing" for 48 hours.

My initial app from Xcode 6 was approved and went through beta testing. I upgraded it to Swift 2 and now cannot get past this warning and "processing" state.

Probably not a good time to try and release a new app while iOS is in the process of being updated?

Same problem here. Updated to xCode 7, Bitcode is disabled, turned symbols off. I've tried submitting with the Xcode Archiver and the Application Loader. Right now I have 4 different builds with different configurations settings and all of them are stuck in "processing." All 4 gave me the "resulting API analysis is too large" warning.

I've had builds get stuck in processing before but never for this long. Usually I'll resubmit the buid once and the new build becomes available. Clearly this issue is more widespread.

I agree, this seems to be a wider issue.

I hope somebody from Apple can give us direction on resolving. I tried these combinations of builds - all are stuck in Processing:

- De-selecting Bitcode

- De-selecting Symbols

- Using xCode / Archive native (using the Submit to App Store button)

- Export the .IPA file using xCode Archive option. Then uploading via Application Loader (and turning off Symbols and Bitcode).

None of these options worked. Anymore suggestions?

I also got the same problem. 'API analysis file is too large' and the binary is stuck in processing state.

Same here. I've been in touch with Apple Dev support for over a week now and they just say that Engeneers are working on this. So I gave up on uploading new builds with different settings. I'm pretty sure Apple has to fix it.

The app (iPhone) has finally passed the processing state and has now gone through for review.

I then did a validate for the iPad version. Got the the same API warning and uploaded. Did not get stuck in a processing state and has gone for review.

Hopefully the API warning will be fixed as well.

Ok guys. I hae FIXED IT for myself - my app is live already and I was trying to update to a new version.

All of my versions that were getting stuck had the same version number (2.0). I changed to 3.0 version and build 1 and it worked. I followed this path:

1) export IPA file (after you select Archive from within xCode)

2) Use Application Loader to upload

3) de-select Bitcode and Symbols

Once it is uploaded as "Inactive" you are good.

Having this problem ever since upgrading my project to Swift 2.0. Not sure if it's related, but my app archive also doubled in size.

Resubmitting without bitcode didn't make a difference, all builds still stuck in Processing Purgatory

Somebody solved this problem ?

I also got this message when submitting my app via ApplicationLoader (3.3). Xcode 7.0.1 was used for building the app (via command line though). Would appreciate to hear what this message is supposed to say and whether it could be critical in future.