Siri not working after iOS 9

My Siri isn't working after the iOS 9 release... It doesn't respond

Replies

I have the same problem. I tried rebooting my phone but Siri still does not respond. Can anyone help here?

Ditto worked a few times. But no longer. I want this to work to keep me from driving and texting.

I never update until several weeks after an iOS update. This time I did it and now Siri not working. At this moment in time I hate you apple

My siri not responding after ios 9 update. please help

Siri is not working on my iPhone since upgrading to ios9. Siri does not appear to hear my voice input. Help please fix.

If you’re having user-level problems with iOS 9, you should do one or more of the following:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn "The Eskimo!"
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Having the same issue. Dictation doesn't work either. However, both siri and dictation work when you plug in your iPhone earbuds. I think they have set the default input for siri and dictation as "headset" rather than "handset", hence why you get no wave form when using siri without using the headset. Additionally, notice how the "voice memos" app is set to "headset" as default.I've checked the hardware, and people can hear me when I call them, and voice memos record when I change the input to handset.At the minute, if I want to use siri and dictation, I have to plug in the ear buds. This is of course very frustrating but I'm not sure how to make the "handset" the default input device for siri and dictation.Test it out and let me know if you get the same results. Hopefully Apple fix it soon.

Having the same problem,my siri isnt picking up the voice even restored my phone restarted again and again.dictation not working audio not recorded while capturing video from front camera,

For me the same issue, exacly like you describe,

Regards,

I have exactly the same problem as described. Restarted the phone 3 times, microphone is working. Siri is working with earbuds, but not without. Please Apple fix it, I need Siri!!!

switch Siri voice to British setting and it should work until Apple fixes. Don't bother with Austrailian; broken just like US English.

switch Siri to British female setting and it should work until Apple fixes. Good luck

Siri is not working on latest version of iOS9. When I ask Siri to set an alarm in 5 or 10 mintues, it starts to call random names I do not even know.

Exact same issue here. Siri not working, dictation not working and front video sound not working. It first occured for me when I downloaded ios 9.0.1 and realized i couldn't hear voice calls. I figured an update to ios 9.0.2 would fix that. It did but broke the other stuff! I have since restored my phone to backup and even went ahead and restored my phone to new. Apple said it must be the hardware then. I disagree. My phone didn't all of a sudden break and there are too many people with identical issues! I'm headed to the Genius bar later today but have a feeling they will say it's my phone. It's not.

My Siri isn't working either. I own a 64 gb iphone 6. It is starting to really bug me please fix this apple 😟 Other people that i know have iphone 6 and for them it's working properly 😟