watchOS 2 very slow in downloading...

Can someone explain why on my upgrade on the watch it took several hours the first time, now when loading beta 5 it states a download of something like 5 hours... I have no idea why it would take that long to push the update to the watch. What am I missing?

Accepted Reply

Hi Ron,

It may have stopped - the 5 hours is just a projection - if it just gets longer, then there is no data downloading.

Others posting here today too found that the fix was a hard reboot of both iPhone and Watch.

The download may have to start again but, even if it does, it should be much much quicker. Ensure you have a decent wifi connection for the iPhone.

Alternatively, patience, lots of patience 🙂

Max.

Replies

Hi Ron,

It may have stopped - the 5 hours is just a projection - if it just gets longer, then there is no data downloading.

Others posting here today too found that the fix was a hard reboot of both iPhone and Watch.

The download may have to start again but, even if it does, it should be much much quicker. Ensure you have a decent wifi connection for the iPhone.

Alternatively, patience, lots of patience 🙂

Max.

Mine also said 5 hours. I checked on it a few hours later and it was down to 4. I left it overnight and it eventually completed.

I gotta say, they really have to improve upon this update process. Having to wait for an update over night is definetely NOT good.

I just did a hard shutdown of each and now it says 14 minutes... go figure

Mine took quite some time also. It's now installing the beta5. Fingers crossed

@Ron, It should have finished installing by now - any problems?

Not yet that I have noticed. Time will tell. The last beta 4 the watch would randomly reboot.... I will need to put it to use to see if anything is better or worse.

Well at least we got the install time down... 🙂

To mark your question as answered (it goes green so that others can easily see there is a solution for it) you have to log in to these Developer Forums first (top left of this page) and then come back to this thread. Also, If a reply was helpful, use the Actions menu under it to "Mark as Helpful"