Controlling Settings through my app

Is there a way to control the iPhone or iPads settings through my app. I am trying to make an app that will automatically switch between wallpapers automatically and this is sort of a crucial element. Anyone any ideas?

Accepted Reply

>Is there a way to

No. The ability to accomplish that task in that example is private/only available to Apple.

As always, if there are features you'd like to see made available to the dev, feel free to file an enhancement request via the bug reporter, link below, being sure to add your report # to your thread for ref.

Good luck.

Replies

>Is there a way to

No. The ability to accomplish that task in that example is private/only available to Apple.

As always, if there are features you'd like to see made available to the dev, feel free to file an enhancement request via the bug reporter, link below, being sure to add your report # to your thread for ref.

Good luck.

You can tell the user that they should switch wallpaper by tapping "Wallpaper" in their Settings app and offer to open the Settings app. If they chose to open the Settings app you do this:

[[UIApplication sharedApplication] openURL:[NSURL URLWithString:@"App-Prefs:"] options:[NSDictionary dictionary] completionHandler:nil];