iPad Pro LiDAR Sensor Specs

Hello,

I was wondering what the specs of the LiDAR sensor found in the new iPad Pro are (like the Resolution, Vertical Field of View). How can I get these information?

Replies

In lieu of providing specs I may be able to provide concrete advice. So more specifically what are you looking to do with this information? I'm noting that your question should probably be geared around the API – scene reconstruction, ARMeshAnchor – rather than the hardware that supports it.

I think the reply from “Documentarion Engineer” is awful. Are the specs top secret? Shouldn’t a consumer be able to know what they are buying?

I wanted to know similar information before deep-diving into ARKit. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and a 2020 iPad Pro 12.9”. Does the iPhone 11 Pro Max have a LIDAR sensor? It looks like does. How does it compare to the iPad Pro 12.9” LIDAR or even the the new iPhone Pro Max LIDAR. Will one LIDAR allow a more detailed mesh on the subject?
The question is actually very interesting and I can't figure out how it is related to the API like in "Documentarion Engineer"s view. When you develop a scan app and build 3D models it is essential to know what accuracy the sensor offers. Is the accuracy in the millimeter range? Like +-1 mm or is it rather +-2 cm. How does the accuracy behave with increasing distance? Specs like FOV and so on would be rather useful...
I too am looking for this information, we are scanning objects at work to reconstruct. The ‘3D scanner App’ seems to be the only one that supports the liar well. I would like to use Autodesks ‘recap Pro’ but it doesn’t recognise the inbuilt Lidar.
the 3D scanner app shows a Resolution tolerance of 3mm to 20mm. I wonder if these numbers are arbitrary set by the developer or hard locked by the inbuilt hardware.. Can these numbers be pushed to greater tolerance.

It seems the only tool of use to Lidar is the measure tool that comes preloaded on the iPad.. I wish apple would develop or integrate into measure the ‘pointcloud’ mapping ability for creatives like me who do 3D printing, works with the Unreal engine & dabble in code.

Great questions & looking forward to hearing more from apple and other developers.
ditto. As an AR developer primarily interested in the new meshing and other enhanced AR capabilities enabled by LiDAR.
Trying to make a purchase decision between the iPhone 12 Pro and iPad Pro based on the LiDAR capabilities of each.
Anyone able to find more info on technical specifications?

Surprised this isn't easier to find.
I’m also looking for this info. Would be much appreciated to know with what we are playing. The approach is different on 1mm vs 20mm accuracy.

I found this video that shows the grid of dots is quite sparse

https://youtu.be/xz6CExnGw9w?t=102

I don't know anything about how that translates to accuracy, but surely it can be that high if the dots are so far apart.

I used the LIDAR in Unity and get a depth map with 256*256. I assume its the LIDAR max Resolution.