IAP receipt validation - sandbox env changes

Seems like there were some changes made to the receipt validation's sandbox environment behaviors since around a week ago.

1) when a subscription product is purchased, I get the prompt asking whether I want to turn off automatic renewal (new) but my dialogue choice is irrelevant because in the receipt validation response the auto_renew_status is always 1

2) the subscription product used to get automatically renewed 5 times before it goes into billing retry period, but now it does not get renewed even when auto_renew_status = 1 before the expires_date.

3) the subscription now enters its grace_period whereas it didn't before

4) auto_renew_status retains its value even after the subscription expires. It used to become 0 before.

These seem like merely behaviorial changes in sandbox and may not reflect changes in the production environment. However I would really like to know if there were official documentations on the changes, as things still seem a bit unstable (per point 1 and 2) and I don't want to make assumptions on auto_renew_status based on its sandbox behavior.

Replies

There are always changes in the sandbox. Up until recently, a test user never ever received more than 5 autorenewals; more recently a test user can recharge after 24 hours and get 5 more autorenewals at the purchase. Therefore the 'status' of the test user is/was unclear after getting the 5 - did they shut off autorenewal or not?

Your #1 and #4 seem to be overlapping issues.