Xcode 7b4 suddenly refuses to sign iOS apps

Things were fine today until I tried to build for a new iPad. I started getting errors from Xcode about signing (alert sheets would pop up as soon as I tried to build for the connected device). Turns out, the UDID wasn't in the Portal, so I added it. Because Xcode crashes when I try to use its UI for connecting to the Portal, I just downloaded the regenerated profiles.

Then I started getting complaints about it not being able to find profiles with the appropriate cert (public-private key pair). I have them in my Keychain, so I'm not sure what's wrong with that.

I finally removed all my provisioning profiles, and deleted one expired cert I found in the Keychain.

Now Xcode first displays this alert when I try to build:

---------------------------

Failed to code sign "StandaloneShowcase".

No provisioning profiles with a valid signing identity (i.e. certificate and private key pair) matching the bundle identifier “com.matterport.StandaloneShowcase” were found.

Xcode can attempt to fix this issue. This will reset your code signing and provisioning settings to recommended values and resolve issues with signing identities and provisioning profiles.

Clicking "Fix Issue" results in this alert:

An App ID with Identifier 'com.matterport.StandaloneShowcase' is not available. Please enter a different string.

However, that app Identifier is clearly visible in the Portal.

The only thing that's different now is that I set the deployment target to iOS 8.4 (it had been 9.0). I was able to successfully build and deploy that on another iPad that was already in the system. But now I can't even build for that iPad.

I appear to be dead in the water at this point, and don't know how to proceed. Any suggestions?

TIA,

Replies

I know this is old post but I came upon it when having the same issue.

This happens when Xcode changes your "Team" from your developer account to the new "Free" account which gives you strange errors like An App ID with Identifier '...' is not available. Please enter a different string.

I'm not sure what causes this but I've had this happen a few times.

Just got the same issue right now on Xcode 7.3.

How were you guys able to fix this?

Thanks!

Seeing exactly the same issue with XCode Version 7.3 (7D175)

No changes to app just rebuilding and tried everything I can think of

- rebuild certificate

- change certificate app bundle name

- reloaded multiple times

Still same issue?

Same Isssue here

Why are you using tools that were beta 10 months ago?

I have 17 apps in the store that I'm trying to update. Four of them have this problem. The App ID's and Ditribution Certicates are okay and I've tried downloading and installing several times. After five years, there aways seem to be issues and drama with stuff, nothings changes except xcode releases...