4 Replies
      Latest reply on Dec 4, 2019 2:16 AM by gundrabur
      gundrabur Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have a strange behavior for a few days. Every debug start in an iOS project (macOS projects start up fast) that I'm working on (even in a blank new project), lasts between one minute (on a USB connection) and over two minutes (on a Wi-Fi) connection. That's so annoying! I use Xcode 11.2.1 and Xcode 11.3 Beta, the same result on both. The host system is macOS 10.15.1 on a Macbook Pro Retina 15 inch (late 2012). The app will always hang in the launch screen until it finally launches. During startup over a WiFi connection, a process called "libd-rpc-server" sends over 25 MB to the iOS device over the WiFi network, even on a completely empty sample project! I have never had that problem before! Please help!

• Re: Extrem slow debug launch startup
          KMT Level 9 Level 9 (15,215 points)

How much ram in your MBPR?

What size SSD and how much free space?

8 GB RAM, SSD is 256 GB. More than 100 GB free. Im not running any other software on that machine besides Xcode and Android Studio. It is purely for cross plattform development.

KMT Level 9 Level 9 (15,215 points)

8 GB ram is -not- your friend. Max that out, 16GB at least, and consider a larger, faster, SSD.

>Im not running any other software

Sorry for the semantics, but it's not about software is running...it's about all the work going on as a result of what's running.

Thanks KMT!

I do not believe in a hardware related problem. Why?

• 1. "System Activity" is telling me: not even 50% of the 8 GB RAM is used during the process
                    • 2. SSD is only 50% filled and fast (Samsung 860 Evo)
                    • 3. The app hangs after building and installing processes are done, so all the heavy CPU load is already done at that time
                    • 4. The problem started only a few weeks ago, before that, it simply didn't exist on the exact same machine

All this is telling me: it must be software related.