I know there are mutliple threads about this issuer, yet this there is no solution found in them, and they don't exactly match up to the problem.
so here is the changelog for the icloud section.
- After updating to macOS Catalina 10.15 Beta 7 or later, iCloud Drive might synchronize for an extended period of time. If you notice any missing files, they can be found inside a Recovered Files folder in your home folder. (54046219)
- Even when Optimize Storage is switched off, iCloud Drive might fail to automatically download all files. (50667204)Workaround: Download files individually.
- When creating a new Pages, Numbers, or Keynote document in a shared folder, you might see the message “Couldn’t connect to iCloud”. (50827963)Workaround: Close and reopen the document.
- The Cloud Files section in About This Mac > Storage > Manage now accurately represents the current state of files on your Mac. (50362095)
now it is true that the files disappeared, i've tried everything from relogging in icloud, turning documents&desktop off and on, basically everything i could. now for the last part that i find strange.
- my files were removed locally
- my "recovered files" folder only had folders in there, and non actual files.
- the folder "desktop" in icloud drive seems empty when checking from my mac (desktop - icloud, not local)
- the files that i assumed to be on icloud are still there when looking from safari/phone.
- when enabling "Desktop & Documents Folders" in icloud drive options, clicking Done and going to options again automatically disables the tick.
while looking at "About this mac > Storage" i can see a lot of shifting in the available disk space it goes down, and goes up again for no apperant reason, network doesn't seem to be downloading anything.
is there anyone with any idea how to let it download files again to your system?
redownloading the files is not really an option because they're nested, and a little over 1k files. so if there's no way to solve this i'll just have to trust this issue is getting fixed next beta