IOS 13 Beta 6 Will not Pair to Apple Watch 4

I noticed yesterday that my iphone was no longer connecting to my watch over bluetooth. I tried everything from restarts to force restarts to toggling settings. Nothing seemed to work. This morning I gave up and unpaired my watch and iphone. Now when I try to pair the watch it simply says I need to "update the watch" before I continue. If I select the update then i will say "activating the watch" and then will go to a screen that says it is unpairing the Apple watch. If I select to skip the update and do it manually ( with the code ) then it will ask if I want to resore or set up as a new watch. No matter which option I pick it simply goes to a screen that says its unpairing my apple watch. Its unpairing a watch that hasnt finished pairing? This is incredibly annoying and has turned my watch into a paperweight. Does anyone have any tips to fix this? Either way the apple watch never gets paired. The iphone is running the latest iOS build and the Apple Watch is running Beta 6, but I do not know which build.

Replies

same here. I hope the ios 13 beta 7 will fix it this week...

I have an Apple Watch 2 and I’m having the same issue.

Pretty the same situation. Updated phone to beta 6 and Apple Watch stopped working. Checked updates on Apple Watch - it was said I’m up to date. Unpaired, and now I have Apple Watch that cannot even pair back to the phone in any way...

Yeah im having the exact same issue as you, hopefully it gets fixed in the next release because my apple watch is useless at the moment

Yeah, beta 7 is expected for today or tomorrow. fingerscross

I hope so as well. I have the same issue. I've tried everything except reinstalling iOS on the phone and I dont want to have to do that.

I have the same issue too.

iPhone XS Plus with iOS 13 beta 6.

So I have found what I believe to be the only solution. I had to put the phone into DFU mode, flash the beta 5 onto the phone and then I could connect the Iphone to the watch. From there I could install WatchOS beta 2 then install the latest beta onto the phone. It was ******, but it worked.

How did you get a beta 5 image?

Edit: IPSW can be found here https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Beta_Firmware/iPhone/13.x

Does anyone know if I can pair my Apple Watch 4 to my new iPhone XS running ios beta 13? Originally I had an iphone 8 Plus running the beta and paired to the watch, I had to trade it in and now I'm not sure what I can do to pair the watch and iphone - i haven't yet installed the beta on the XS.

So, latest beta (13.0 17A5565b) installed but still no luck. Watch will not pair no matter what method is chosen (restore from backup, as new watch or update watch) :-(

Has this issue been resolved in beta 7?

Nope

Hey Lucasorion12,

Any further feedback on this? I wasted half of my saturday to restore everything but cant fixed.

I called apple and they quoted me apprx £175 (yes dates true) to restore software this afternoon.

I am ready to wait until few IOS beta updates to pick this automatically or need to wait upto official IOS and Watch IOS release.

Worst case need to use as paperweight :-(

how do you flash beta 5 to iphone?