xCode 11 Beta 5 dark mode xib

I have several xibs where I set the UILabel color to Default (Label Color) and everything worked fine in Betas 1- 4. In Beta 5, they dont seem to be switching to white font in the simulator when I switch to dark mode. Is there something that I need to do to make this happen properly?

Accepted Reply

According to the release notes of XCode 11 GM it should be fixed now.

I have just verified this and I can confirm it is fixed.

Replies

I'm experiencing this too. I have .xib files for a few table prototype cells, and in Xcode 11 beta 5 Label Color is not switching to white in dark mode. Table prototype cells within the storyboard do work fine, though, so I guess I'll need to move the remaining prototype cells over.

I have this problem too. I recommend to wait for the next beta. I think this is a bug that Apple introduced with Beta 5

That what I am going todo 🙂

I have the same problems since Beta 5, will also wait for the next Beta version. 🙂

Xcode 11 Beta 6 doesn't solve the problem for me. 😟

I have also created a Stackoverflow question: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57567415/uilabel-in-uitableviewcell-in-xib-file-ignores-dark-mode

Having the same issue. Does it work for you if you set the deployment target to iOS13 only? It seems to work fine then, though that's not a solution (I can't drop support for iOS12 just like that).

Same, beta 6 gave me the same results.

Im also seeing this, it only works if i set target to iOS 13, which is not gonna happen since i need to support iOS 10 and greater. Has anyone submitted a feedback ? The more feedbacks the more awarness is my guess

Are you still seeing this in Beta 7? I'm still see it.

Yes, I am

Still not fixed.. Tomorrow is the Apple event day. What should I do?

According to the release notes of XCode 11 GM it should be fixed now.

I have just verified this and I can confirm it is fixed.

Same, it is working for me too