7 Replies
      Latest reply on Jul 13, 2019 9:55 AM by KMT
      Cellomaster87 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Dear all,

I have just purchased my Apple Developer Membership for the first time (as I need CloudKit) and, suddenly, I cannot build my apps on my real devices anymore.

I hit Cmd-R and I get the usual message "Go to Settings > General > Device management" to trust my device but, sadly, now there is no such option anymore on my iPhone as I used to have with the FREE membership...

What has happened?

How do I get out of this?

I didnt really expect paying the "Pro" membership meant that I was locked out of my devices for development ...

Thank you for your help.

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
          • Re: Device management in Settings disappeared...

Yes I did.

KMT Level 9 Level 9 (14,355 points)

Ouch.

Did you follow that link for an explanation of the situation you now find yourself in?

I now read it and I actually had a developer free account before so I guess I was not developing under "free provisioning".

Anyway, I performed something that may have "temporarily" solved it: I went into Xcode > Preferences > Accounts > Manage Certificates and requested a new iOS Development certificate.

After doing that my app built regularly on my iPhone.

Was that the procedure? Am I now fine to go?

I didnt receive any instruction that I should have done so thus I followed my instinct.

Thank you for your help.

>developer free account before so I guess I was not developing under "free provisioning".

Actually, you were....those are the same thing.

>Am I now fine to go?

My recommendation is to -not- use the same Apple ID for free vs. paid.

Good luck.

Thank you!

When I first started to practice programming I simply registered a developer account with my AppleID and kept it free while I was learning the very basics.

Today I went there and followed the instructions to upgrade my account.

There was no suggestion on Apple's developer portal to do anything different, how could I have known?

Now the deed is done and I have paid one year of membership upgrading my free account to paid one and that caused that issue.

Should I contact Apple about this?

Anything else?

Thank you for your help!

>There was no suggestion on Apple's developer portal to do anything different...

Which is why I documented the process some time ago - you're not the first to step in it. Now you know.  Remember, Apple tends to document what you can do, not what you can't.

>Should I contact Apple about this?

If you have issues, yes - they are the only ones that can undo any knots that may arise from tangled accounts.

Sorry I couldn't help more.