Version and build confusion

I recently updated my app and uploaded it. This USED to change the version (build) that users could see and download. But my latest build is just sitting there while the older one remains the one shown in the store.

I know it's a stupid question but there must be some easy way to force the store to use the latest build. I've clicked every link I could find in AppStoreConnect but cannot seem to find the solution.

Somewhat related question: When I first created my app I gave it an arbitrary version number of "0.3". I'd like to now bump that up to "1.0". How do I do that? When I'm at AppStoreConnect:App=>Store=>App Information=>"Version or Platform", clicking on the "+" shows iOS greyed out. It won't allow me to create a new version.

Replies

>the older one remains the one shown in the store.

How long is 'recently'...? What is it's current status?

>won't allow me to create a new version.

IIRC, that means you've already got one que'd up and need to finish it's process first, or maybe there is a contract issue?

> AppStoreConnect:App=>Store=>App Information=>"Version or Platform", clicking on the "+" shows iOS greyed out.

This is the correct way of creating a new version of the app and submitting that for approval. If yours is greyed out that means that you have already clicked that + sign and entered a new version number for submission. You just haven't submitted it for approval yet. I don't know how to change the version number once you have entered a new one.

> there must be some easy way to force the store to use the latest build.

After you do the step above, you can select any Build (with that Version number) that you uploaded to the App Store from Xcode.

------------------

There are two variables that you control here.

One is called "Build" the other is called "Version".

The Build is also called "Bundle version" in the Info.plist of the app and is set there or under Target/General/Build. It is expected that a single Version could have multiple Builds, each one advancing in number order.

The Version is also called "Bundle versions string, short" in the info.plist and is set there or under Target/General/Version. It is the version of the app. It is what you enter in App Store Connect when you want to create a new version of the app.

-----

Yes, and I've negotiated al that successfully in the past. But due to some changes I made (see previous reply), things were snarled up and the errors I was getting weren't completely helpful. All good now, I think. Just "Waiting for Review" for a new version number.

>Everything back to normal.

Good news that - thanks for the follow up, and good luck in the store.