tvOS 13 Beta 2: "The update was not successful. Try again later."

I'm able to discover the tvOS 13 Beta 2 in System Update, but every time I attempt to update, I get an error formatted as follows:

• Apple TV Update
  • The update was not successful.
  • Try again later.
  • OK

I've tried:

• Restarting the Apple TV
  • Connecting to a different Wi-Fi network
  • Removed and reinstalled the beta profile
  • Attempted to install the update several times

I'm not seeing anybody else posting about this same issue, but I'm hoping I'm not the only one.

Accepted Reply

I was able to get the update to install by resetting the Apple TV and starting fresh.

Before taking this step, I tried resetting my router/modem, but that didn't work either. Thankfully everything is good to go now.

Replies

I was able to get the update to install by resetting the Apple TV and starting fresh.

Before taking this step, I tried resetting my router/modem, but that didn't work either. Thankfully everything is good to go now.

Hmm, this didn't quite work for me - I had Beta 1 installed just fine, but Beta 2 would not show up in a update check.

Tried all the steps you mentioned, even tried a Reset of the Apple TV, but, Beta 2 does not show up. Still runing Beta 1.

Did you do a Reset and Update, or just Reset?

Okay, fixed.

1) Reset Apple TV 4K (did not do Reset and Update, just Reset)

2) Get it working again (sign in to iCloud, sort out WiFi, etc - easiest done with tapping with nearby device)

3) Run Apple Configurator 2 Beta (latest beta)

4) Re-pair Apple TV 4K with computer

5) Install profile with freshly paired Apple TV 4K

6) Restart Apple TV

7) Check for software updates

Had to re-install all my apps (annoying) but, it seemed to work this time. 2 minutes remaining on the download...

Howyagoin has the perfect step by step on how to resolve this issue. Thanks!

Same here.. i had to reset the whole thing and then update, annoying because kodi takes forever to configure, as well as my other sideloading apps

how do you sideload Kodi using Apple Configurator 2?