Erase all content and settings not working

My iWatch shows "Enter passcode", I tried this https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204567, but my watch still locked😟. What can I do?

Replies

Same issue here.
It reboots, shows a screen with '6 dots' rotating (progress..) and then dim the display.

Tapping the display show the dots still rotating, but pressing the side button swap the display back to the locked screen.
Very frustrating with a 'bricked' watch!

same with me!

looks like is a bug in the watchOS 6 beta.

It's happen during normal use. After I released the watch and wear it again, the code will not accepted.

I can put any code and endless times in, nothing happen.

Then I tried to reset the watch with the Iphone. In the end the Iphone show me a message, that the reset (full reset) was not complete

finished.

Next step was trying to perform the hard reset with the watch, but the same happen like previous post, 6 dots turning.

If You always touch the display and wake up the watch You can let endless running this 6 dots.

If I don't wake up by touch, then after a while the normal time shows at the display, like nothing happen from reset.

I was today in the apple store, they told me I can try to wait until the watch switch totally off, also no time will showed after press the side button. Then charging and restart, if thsi is not working, I tneeds to send my watch to an Apple repair center.

Maybe the can fix this issue in DFU mode with special device at the service connector.

I will also report this issue via bug reporter.

I do it!
1 Turn off your watch
2 Turn on and wait the Apple logo
3 Immediately hold the button!
4 Erase all content and data. ok.
5 ...
6 PROFIT

This worked to get the watch erase but now I get it to pair... smh

so You mean, You fixed with this steps Your watch and You was able to pair it?

What is the difference between the reset just after start the watch and the workaround like YOu mentioned in Your first post?

After im back to home I will try it...

Yeah, Apple sends cases like these off the one of their service centers for whatever reason. Maybe one of these days.

I tried hard resetting my iwatch series 5 after attempting too many passcode,It reboots, shows a screen with '6 dots' rotating (progress..) and then dim the display.

Tapping the display show the dots still rotating, but pressing the side button swap the display back to the locked screen. Very frustrating with a 'bricked' watch!