Error Occurred while Preparing the Installation

I keep geting the following error when attempting install: "An Error Occurred While Preparing the Installation. Try running this application again."

I have checked the system clock using terminal and it appears to be correct so I'm at a loss on how to resolve this. Any ideas?

Replies

Same here. I have tried every which way. Install from new Admin account. Make sure full securitu is enabled. Install to fresh Container.

Nothing.

Have you tried resetting the NVRAM/ PRAM?

Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after about 20 seconds, during which your Mac might appear to restart.

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

Installing now:

- T2 Security had to be set to full and the main boot partition (Mojave) authenticated. Permitting boot from external disk appears to be ok.

- Install had to happen from a Container that had the Beta Profile installed.

What I ended up doing is:

- Enabled T2 in Recovery

- Create a Container for Catalina

- Install Mohave with a few desired utilities in case they need "grand fathering."

- Install beta profile

- Run update from System Preference Panel

Tried it. No go

I've having this issue too. My dev machine is a 2015 MBP 16/512.

"An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again"

I just restored my 2016 MBP to factory settings, tried installing and I’m still getting the error

Yes same on a new Macbook Pro too

I had this issue too.. My solution was to install Xcode 11 Beta 1. Once this was installed everything worked without a problem. I did the install on an iMac running Mojave. So this may help.

What version OS was this from? Internal or external drive as target?

I am installing from Mojave, but have Xcode 11 on a Catalina partion.

was having same issue while trying to install Catalina (beta) over latest Mohave(beta),

I fixed it by downloading again the entire Mac OS Catalina ( remove "Install macOS 10.15 Beta.app" under "/Applications" first)

most likely the data got currupt due to multiple resumes during download,

before that I tried all these without any success:

- check time/date if valid

- run repair with Disk Utility ( it did found some issues(and repaired) but didn't solve the original issue)

I tried installing Xcode 11, re-download Catalina and repair disk. No luck
Anyone have another idea?
I have Catalina b2 goin to b3. Main drive.