iOS 12.3 beta not showing up on iPad Pro w/ beta profile installed

Hi all,

Having the hardest time with iOS 12.3 beta 3. Here's the breakdown:

• Received a new iPad Pro 12.9" (2nd Gen) as a Genius Bar replacement
  • Old iPad was backed up on iOS 12.3 beta 3
  • Replacement iPad came on 12.1.4
  • Began the usual process to update & clone (since iCloud backups cannot be installed on devices running older versions of iOS), as follows:
    1. Set up as new iPad; no Apple ID, no Touch ID, no passcode (fastest route to home screen)
    2. Updated software to latest release version (iOS 12.2)
    3. Logged into iOS dev portal directly on iPad Safari
    4. Downloaded config profile for iOS 12.3 beta
    5. Swapped back to Settings, installed profile, allowed automatic reboot to complete
    6. Upon completion, went back into Settings, verified successful installation of config profile
    7. Went to Software Update, and met with standard "iOS 12.2 / Your software is up to date." message
  • Began to troubleshoot; took steps including:
    • Killed Settings app, tried again — no go.
    • Uninstalled config profile, rebooted iPad, reinstalled —no go.
    • Uninstalled config profile, reset network settings, rejoined WiFi, reinstalled — no go.
    • Uninstalled config profile, signed into iCloud accout matching dev program account, reinstalled — no go.
    • Erased all content and settings, set up as new iPad, downloaded config profile, installed, rebooted — no go.

No matter what I try I cannot get this iPad to see the iOS 12.3 beta. I even left it for 6 hours connected to fast WiFi and the beta never appeared in Settings. As a result, as it stands I can't restore it from my old one's backup, as the backup was made on iOS 12.3. I've completed this process countless times across iPads and iPhones and never encountered this before. My dev account is current and we're 3 betas in.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can point out what I'm missing or offer a fix.

Samara

Replies

Similar issue here. iPad Pro 10.5 cannot see the 12.3 beta. Just shows as 12.2 being latest available OS. Have removed profile reinstalled etc.

Just an update for anyone having a similar issue: downloading the full IPSW file to a Mac (running 10.14.4 Mojave) and doing a clean install from iTunes worked. Installing the iOS 12 beta config file directly to the iPad once it was manually updated to 12.3 via iTunes then allowed it to access and update to iOS 12.3 beta 4 OTA, as expected.

Not sure if this was a beta 3 thing or a config profile thing, but clean installing from iTunes should solve it.