In-App purchase not recognized in production

My app was approved and released to the app store yesterday, Feb 4th, afternoon.

The app is free, and has an auto-renewing in-app purchase. I generated some in-app purchase promo codes (with the intent on sending these to reviewers). I thought I should confirm that the promo code worked, so I redeemed on. Then I installed the app from the app store.

Now the bad news.

Restoring the redeemed purchases returns "nothing to restore". Worse, using another account, I downloaded the app and bought an in-app purchase using a credit card. The purchase went through, but the app in production doesn't recognize purchases.

This is extremely frustrating because it works in Sandbox and it works in TestFlight.

The in-app product is available, and displays correctly.

If any real live users buy the in-app purchase they are going to be really upset that they don't get the features in the app!

What can be different between TestFlight and production that would cause this?

Help!

Replies

>This is extremely frustrating because it works in Sandbox and it works in TestFlight.

Did you switch from sandbox to production certs before uploading/releasing?

The differences between the two environments are:

1) production requires that you check 'cleared for sale'

2) production requires that all your banking contracts are signed

3) the Apple server used to decode the receipt is different.

On a device that has the app loaded from sandbox (or TestFlight) or production, just overlaying that app with the app from the other environment (production or sandbox) will not necessarily change the environment. Be sure to delete the old build and log out of the App Store before reinstalling the new build.