Best Practices for Persisting Data

I have noticed that core data with iCloud has been deprecated

(Important The use of iCloud with Core Data has been deprecated and is no longer being supported.)

but I am confused about how best to deal with the two following types of customers:

1. Customer with iCloud

2. Customer without iCloud storage or the decision to turn off iCloud.

In the first case, no problem. Data is stored on iCloud and can be retrieved at a later date.

In the second case without iCloud, if core data sync with iCloud is being deprecated, how should we make data persistent? I would have thought we need both iCloud and core data if we want persistent data in both cases. Am I missing something obvious? Should we always keep persistent data on iCloud and ignore the second case?

Many Thanks,

Michael

Replies

You can use the file system on the device through NSFileManger or simply NSUserDefaults. If the user does not log into their iCloud Account then there is no obligation to transmit data fromone device to another device owned by the same user. And finally, an app can access iCloud key-value files even if the user does not have iCloud storage - it just requires that they be logged into an Apple ID.

Your question started with "In the second case without iCloud" - so the website you referenced won't work. Read my post and go from there.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of PBK Down vote reply of PBK