10.14.3 Beta Software Update

Hi,

I have just seen that 10.14.3 Beta has been released on Monday. But I don't receive it on my MacBook with the Software Update.

My MacBook is enrolled in the Apple Developer Seed Program.

I'm currently running 18C52a

And according to the download page 18D21c has been released.

Is this intentionall or a bug?

Best Regards

Timo

Replies

18C52a is the latest Developer-Beta of 10.14.2,

i think you should update to the Final Release 10.14.2 (18C54) before you get the DP1 of 10.14.3.

Try out...

Hey thank you for the answer...

I'm on the developer seed and therefore I should receive the Update automatically. Just 30 Minutes ago I received some Combo Update and now I received 10.14.3 Update.

My experience with 10.14.3 beta can be summed up as, I've spent the entire evening, from 6pm to 6am, trying to get the Internet connections to work -- Wifi, ethernet, and so forth -- without solid success. Each time I've tried to configure one communication modality, another stops working. Either an Apply command wipes out the existing settings or Wifi channel 2 supersedes Wifi channel 1 or the ethernet connection is unrecognized.

I'm not exaggerating, this has been my worse setup experience with an Apple OS in recent memory. Over on the public forums the answer most commonly proposed and implemented has been to uninstall Mojave and reinstall High Sierra, which most remember as working flawlessly. tt didn't, but it was easier to setup and more reliable than Mojave so far has been. That's a sad situation!

If others here aren't having these problems -- which is entirely possible, given the greater expertise available -- what worked for you? I'm BOUT ready to downgrade to High Sierra, too, but if you have had problems and then surmounted them, I'd be glad to follow in your footsteps. Thanks for your thoughts, assistance, and reassurances that this won't become the norm for Apple beta releases.

FWIW, I have 10.14.3 Beta (18D32a) installed on an iMac Pro, an iMac 5K, and a 2015 MacBook and have no connection issues with WiFi or Ethernet. I didn't do anything except install the update. I would point out, although I don't have a problem, the entire point of beta testing is to ferret out problems which is why Apple advises users not to install betas on production machines.

I wish I could suggest something to help with your isue.

Hi... I have a new mac mini 2018. 3.2 ghz i7, I use for testing. I must say I have issues with WIFI and bluetooth dropping out also. (recent beta 10.14.3). My imac 5k, and my macbook are also running the newest beta and those seem fine. Very strange indeed.