Requirements to app and test information for external testing in TestFlight

Hi!

My customer wants me to submit the app under development to external testing in TestFlight. However, there are a couple of missing pieces and I wonder if they are crucial.

1) Privacy policy text is yet to be created with the help of professional layer. Is privacy policy absolutely

required for submission, and can a draft created in a free form and covering general aspects be added instead ?

2) The app's main function is to provide online shopping for customers of a related restaurant network (food delivery). At this point the application is bound to test account of Stripe payment gateway, in fact a payment does not result in a real bank transaction. Neither will the

purchased product be delivered to the tester during the testing phase. Is this a concern for Apple and does its policy require such

applications to perform real bank transactions and deliver products during external testing via TestFlight ?

3) Are Review Notes and License Agreement required or optional and what does License Agreement in this specific case mean ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Reply

The submittal requirements for external TF testing are the same as for an App Store submittal.

See:

1 - I'd not expect an incomplete/draft effort to succeed if otherwise required

2 - In some cases, the dev is encouraged to create a demonstration video, putting it on the 'net where review can find, adding the link to that app's review notes. This has the added benefit where that video can be re-used as a Preview for the App Store.

3 - Notes are optional. A valid Developer Program agreement is required, if that's what you mean. If not, pls. better explain the 'specific case' you are referring to, thanks.

Replies

The submittal requirements for external TF testing are the same as for an App Store submittal.

See:

1 - I'd not expect an incomplete/draft effort to succeed if otherwise required

2 - In some cases, the dev is encouraged to create a demonstration video, putting it on the 'net where review can find, adding the link to that app's review notes. This has the added benefit where that video can be re-used as a Preview for the App Store.

3 - Notes are optional. A valid Developer Program agreement is required, if that's what you mean. If not, pls. better explain the 'specific case' you are referring to, thanks.

Thank you!

Now I know for sure that we are not ready. Just to clarify :

(3) I did not find any info about how exactly is the valid Developer Program agreement supposed to be added into the text area provided. Is it enough to just copy and paste the text of my agreement.

The dev is required to have purchased, and agreed to, a Developer Program contract.

I don't understand which 'agreement' you are talking about being added to what text area and where... I suspect we aren't talking about the same thing, sorry.