Is it possible to have a corrupted binary in one country?

Today I have had two users in Switzerland complain that they cannot install the latest version of my watch app. One of them wrote a one star review but the other contacted me. He sent a screenshot of the error message he gets when trying to install the app on the watch, which says that the app needs to be updated (it's in German so I am not exactly sure what it says). He has tried uninstalling and reinstalling the iPhone app, rebooting both devices many times, etc but to no avail.

Interestingly the icon for the watch app as shown on Apple's iPhone Watch app is the icon for the previous version, which has been changed for the new version. He has uninstalled and reinstalled from the App Store but is still seeing the old icon, which further makes me think there is a problem with the binary on the App Store not being correct (possibly being out of date).

It seems unlikely to be random that both users are in the same small country when no-one else in the world is complaining, so I am wondering if the binary could be corrupt only on the Swiss App Store. Is this possible? And if so then who should I contact to fix it?

Thanks.

Replies

Update: I now think that this is due to a serious bug affecting users with an iPhone 6 Plus. Apparently many watch apps cannot be installed from that device running iOS 12.1 to an AW4 running watchOS 5.1.1. This is exactly the combination one of my users has, and I have another review mentioning it in the Netherlands, so I no longer think it was country specific. That was either a coincidence or the Swiss user who emailed didn't like to admit they also gave me a one star review!

This is a serious issue that seems to be affecting many apps, such as Spotify, Shazam, Nike Run Club, PCalc and more: https://devandartist.com/posts/apps-not-installing-on-the-apple-watch-or-error-17

If anyone from Apple monitors these forums then please take a look - this is a very serious problem for watch app developers.

>this is due to a serious bug

Asforum posts don't count as bug reports, and forums are typically dev/dev, you are encouraged to use the reporter link below, being sure to add your bug #(s) to your thread for reference.

Good luck.