xs max screen flicker with brightness bug

model: iphone xs max

firmvware version: ios 12.1.1 beta1

this issue is obvisly in dark enviroment, if you set auto-brightness on, the screen is flickering randomly.

if you sliding the brightness bar down slowly, the flickering poiont is at about 20% of brightness bar. the flickering point shows that a bit white backgroud becomes suddently to a bit dark background. at that point the brightness moves not smooth like other brightness point

i founded the issue is related with night-shift, true-tone and screen record.

night-shift on + true-tone on: flickering

night-shift off + true-tone on: flickering

night-shift on + true-tone off: flickering

night-shift off + true-tone off: no flickering

if you open the screen record, there's no any issue.

night-shift on + true-tone on + screen record on : no flickering

i hope the bug will be solved soon. this is really annoying

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of likados Down vote post of likados
4.4k views

Replies

Happening to me on the iPhone XS Max on iOS public beta 14.5 if it’s a hardware issue it’s unexplainable… but I highly doubt it is because as soon as I installed the beta and my phone booted back up it wasn’t even 30 seconds and my screen starts going Berserk flashing green and white and burning images to the screen for a few seconds it’s crazy. And I’m sure if it was hardware it would stay like that and not come and go as you turn up and down your brightness. Apple when’s the new official iOS coming out so this can be fixed I see you guys have a bad reputation with this flashing green screen with new Apple products and new iOS software get it together !!!! This flashing screen is gonna give me a Seizure 😂
Is it something like half of your screen turned green or white. And the screen is like almost shaking? And when i turned off true tone its all good for me now.

Turn off "Reduce white point" feature. This worked for me.

Settings > Accessibility > Display Accommodations > Reduce White Point

• this worked for me thank you so much!!!!

Add a Comment