Subscription state "Developer action required"

Hello!

I decided to transfer my application to a subscription. I added a subscription to my account in the itunesconnect, and edited the application and sent it for review. The application passed the review successfully, but it turned out that the subscription is not working. Do not start the subscription window. I logged into the account, and saw that, it turns out, the subscription should be sent for review separately. I did not know that. I was sure that new purchases are sent for review automatically with the new version of the application.

Then I sent my subscription to the review by itself. But it was quickly returned back with the status of "Required developer action", and in the comment it says: "you need to download the corresponding binary file, and send them to review TOGETHER." Ok. I created a new version, and sent it to review. I did not see the button to send the binary file and the subscription TOGETHER. I just saw a button to send a new version for review. I sent a new version - the subscription status has not changed - "Developer action required." At that moment, I stopped understanding what was happening. In a subscription, according to logic, the status should have changed to "Waiting for verification", isn't it?

I removed the new version review queue, and wrote in support on October 27, but they have not responded so far. Why so long? Already ends the third working day from the moment of sending. But maybe you can help me without support. What am I doing wrong and what to do?

Replies

When you first add an IAP to an app you must submit that IAP with a new binary. You cannot submit that first IAP without a binary.

If an IAP were to be rejected (because, fir example, it was not submitted with a binary) then the productIdentfier would be forever unusable and you would need to create a new IAP entirely. Therefore, instead of rejecting an IAP App REview kindly classifies it as "needs developer action". To get it out of that state, simply add anything to the text boxes for that IAP, save it, delete what you just added and safe it again. That's 'developer action' and it should switch to 'ready to submit'. Attach it to a binary and submit the binary.