Guideline 4.3 - Design

I have app, which I developed and published: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/selfie-horoscopes/id1437164941?ls=1&mt=8

After approval I decided to make update and added IAP subscription.

And got this:

"We noticed that your app provides the same feature set as other apps submitted to the App Store; it simply varies in content or language, which is considered a form of spam.

The next submission of this app may require a longer review time, and this app will not be eligible for an expedited review until this issue is resolved."

Why so? 🙂

Add a Comment

Replies

They're saying you have multiple apps on the App Store that are very similar except for their content. This is no longer allowed by Apple. You may have to consolidate all of them into one "container" app.

But my app is unique, it's not clone or reskin.

How can I change it to be approved again?

I see 2 reasons:

- at review of updated app, they noticed it looked like another app ; and they did not see it at first sumission

- they got confused thinking it was a second app (is it just an upgrade or a new app you put on the store ?). Did you appeal the rejection ?

They are saying your app is one of many many horoscope apps and they no longer want such apps on the App Store.

>But my app is unique

You can appeal the rejection pointing out these unique characteristics of your app that differentiate it from all the other horoscope apps. Also point out the underlying value in your horoscope app over the others - assuming you can identify those values for App Review.

It's just small update. App is in "In Review" state now. So I can't appeal rejection. Let's wait for their answer.

Is there any result ?

Currently no 😟

Like yourself, I have had several of my apps which were approved for sale then rejected once I submit a bug fix. Each app was totally original, they were games that I created from scratch including the artwork and processes yet they rejected each one but only after I submitted bug fixes.

I had one app that kept getting rejected for over 5 months - I did everything possible, I asked for clarifications, I asked that someone speak with me to help me understand, I even re-engineered a unique app with unique art work and processes to see if that would work and still they rejected it. When I appealed, it took months to be told that the original finding stands - nobody would speak with me.

Now I need to emphasize, I created the app from scratch, I did the artwork myself, I created every process not taking it from any other app anywhere and still it was rejected.

I'm not sure why Apple is doing this - maybe they're only allowing money makers onto the store - Apple after all only makes money when an app is sold or via IAP and all my apps make me money via Google ads, no IAP etc. So is that it?? They'll just keep smaller developers who don't make them money out of the app store?

Cheers.

>nobody would speak with me.

Feel your pain, but it's called development for a reason. App Review is a gate, not a clinic. They're not a testing service, there are no pre-reviews, they won't build our apps for us.

>Apple after all only makes money when

It's not that simple. Apple stands to make money off of anything that brings users into the store.

• Apple should at lest tell you what app they think your's is a duplicate of. How frustrating.

Add a Comment