Upgrade from Beta 11 to Mojave Release

Since there is a minor rev change and I wanted to get off the beta cycle on my main system partitions I tried installing the app store release download over Beta 11 (GM Seed) on my Macbook Pro 2018. It hung on the final boot before opening the login screen - the white progress bar reaches the end and stops. I installed a second time - same thing. Verbose boot works fine until it brings up the GUI. I get a pointer but no login, just a black screen.

I am now trying to revert to the beta 11 to see whether that works. If not I will be install into anopther container and migrate.

Has anybody else seen anything like this? I am hesitant to upgrade my Mac Pro now.

Accepted Reply

Punted. Reinstalled to Beta 10, upgraded to 11, and now to 14.1 beta 1 on this machine.

Clearly something wonky with the standard distribution installer.

Replies

Punted. Reinstalled to Beta 10, upgraded to 11, and now to 14.1 beta 1 on this machine.

Clearly something wonky with the standard distribution installer.

Updating to Beta 2 I ended back in not being able to finish boot.

I have tried post 14.0 beta's on my 2012 mini, my 2013 iMac, my 2015 MBP and the ALL suffered from failure to boot shortly after. The boot would hang on the apple, sometimes there would be an empty progress bar, sometimes black screen with apple. My only recourse in each was to boot into recovery and then reinstall. Some reinstalled the latest beta and then would fail again. the MBP is the only one on 14.1 now, the others are the GA release no beta and are running fine. I reported the last one to apple, for now I am not trying the beta for a bit.