Exchange calendars are missing

Hi!

Three users have reported today that they cannot see their Exchange calendars any more in my app since iOS 12. It seems that EKEventStore.calendars(for:.event) does not return them any more. It also affects other apps. E.g. these calendars are not visible in the "Google Calendar" app, which also accesses the iOS calendars, any more (according to one of the users). Everything worked fine with iOS 11. And the Apple calendar app can still display these calendars under iOS 12. It looks like a bug in EKEventStore in iOS 12. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Has anyone found a solution?

Kind regards

Dominique

Replies

have you had any resolution on this? We've gotten similar reports on our app.

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one! No, unfortunately I haven't found a solution yet and I also didn't get a response from Apple regarding my bug report.

One user told me that he and his colleagues cannot access their Exchange calendars any more. They are using different calendar apps but all of them seem to be affected by this problem. He thinks it might be a new Exchange security policy for iOS 12. Unfortunately I cannot find any documentation about that. And the Apple documentation for EKEventStore does not mention any limitations.

I hope Apple will either fix it with an update or document what is causing this problem so that one can at least tell the users how they could fix it.

Kind regards

Dominique

Same here... at least good to know that I'm not alone.

But: is anyone from Apple reading this? Any solution? Is this a new "feature" (security...) or simply a bug???

I have got a response from Apple now. They say "iOS 12 enforces managed account restrictions for EventKit that may prevent some calendar data from being accessible to some apps." They mentioned the section "Managed Open In" in this document:

https://www.apple.com/business/resources/docs/Managing_Devices_and_Corporate_Data_on_iOS.pdf

Additionally I have got more information from a user. It seems that Microsoft "Intune" has a setting "Opening documents from Managed to unmanaged apps not allowed" that causes this problem. With iOS 12 this setting seems to have been extended to calendars.

Kind regards

Dominique