iCloud login issues - DP4

iCloud started acting very odd today. I initially noticed this as the Messages app complaining that I needed to log into my iCloud account. I performed this action multiple times, but keep getting kicked back to the login dialog.

I tried logging out of iCloud entirely, but I am unable to log back in now. Again, the user/pass seems to be accepted, but I keep getting bounced back to the login screen.

I am able to log into icloud.com, so the account is ok.

In reviewing the release notes, I did see a note that 2010 and 2012 Mac Pros may have an issue logging into facetime and messages, but I'm running this on a Mid-2015 Macbook Pro.

Has anyone experienced this? Any known workarounds?

Thanks,

Jason

Replies

Still digging, but this looks suspect:

error 16:48:21.339641 -0400 akd Failed to check circle status: <private>

error 16:48:21.556947 -0400 opendirectoryd Authentication failed for <private> with ODErrorCredentialsInvalid

error 16:48:21.558586 -0400 akd Nil account cannot possibly have a password-reset-token-backup token!

error 16:48:21.559702 -0400 akd Nil account cannot possibly have a password-reset-token token!

error 16:48:22.095385 -0400 akd Invalid/missing value for key alias: (null)

error 16:48:22.134341 -0400 com.apple.preferences.icloud.remoteservice "Method \"<private>\" called on ACAccount without a valid ACAccountStore!"

error 16:48:22.135266 -0400 accountsd "<private> is trying to verify account credentials for account: <private>"

Are the logs actively masking private data, or is there something going on here that's causng this?

So after having the computer off for the weekend, I was able to log into iCloud on Monday and everything worked as expected. I did receive the assistantd popup more than once asking me to unlock my keychain, but beyond that, things worked ok.

Yesterday and this morning, however, iCloud stopped functioning again. assistantd popped up asking for my password to unlock the keychain, and shortly thereafter, Messages stopped keeping up to date with my other devices. Eventually I received a popup from iCloud that my account was disconnected and to fix it in preferences. In preferences, however, I get an error when I try to log into iCloud. Specifically, "An unknown error occurred." Very specific. 😉

If I restart the system, I'm able to log back into iCloud, but the cycle starts over again. Sometimes I'm able to stay logged in for hours/days, sometimes I get booted within minutes of restarting.

Has anyone else seen this? This only just started happening with DP4, so I'm suspecting it has something to do with the current beta, but I'm not seeing this reported anywhere else...

Exact same issue on my 2018 macbook pro.

2018 MacBook Pro - My Calender is no longer sharing and I can't see any new events from others. Even though I am logged in. Everything was going so well up until Beta 4. 🙂

Reply - Same issue - Report filed but I need to send another sysdiagnose immediatly next time the popup appears

FYI iOS Mojave DP5 has just been realeased - installing now. Will see if DP5 resolves the issue.