iPhone Bezels

Just a quick question regarding the use of the iPhone bezels. Within my app, I want to show a "Whats new" page and I want to have the screen displaying on an iPhone, I understand that there are certain requirements about the size etc. But if it's within an app can I display on half of the iPhone, ie. having the image off to the side.

If so would I use the pictures from here; https://developer.apple.com/app-store/marketing/guidelines/#images

Thanks in advance

Accepted Reply

So, the only requirement is to stay within safe area, not to overlap with the bottom bar or the notch.

Replies

What is exactly the point ?

It is stated:

Graphic Standards

Use Apple product images at a size that is clearly legible at the image resolution provided. Ensure that the minimum device size is no smaller than 25 mm in height for printed materials and 200 px onscreen. Maintain the correct relative product scale whenever multiple products are shown.

I do not see any limit on where to put image on screen.

Yeah ok, Its just to show user notifications feature and I don't really want to take up the whole screen just to show a notification.

So, the only requirement is to stay within safe area, not to overlap with the bottom bar or the notch.