How to Deep Link down four levels in System Settings from an App?

Hello -

I am looking for some help, please? We're building an app for a client at my digital agency, and one of the things the client says they want is a link from the user's profile straight into the iOS System Settings > General > Accessibility > Larger Text (this is an app for families of people with disabilities). I know you can take them to Settins, even Settings > General > Accessibility, but is it possible to have a Deep Link that will take them all the way down immediately to the "Larger Text" settings screen?

We looked at a gist example here for going directly to certain Settings screens in iOS: https://gist.github.com/tzmartin/b7019c22fc3152a0b2fe, but that only seems to go one level down into, say, `app-settings:root=General&path=ACCESSIBILITY`. is there a way to do this, please?

We've tried things like i found on stack overflow: we've tried stuff like `App-Prefs:root=WIFI` or `app-settings:root=General&path=ACCESSIBILITY` and even `app-settings:root=General&path=ACCESSIBILITY/Larger Text` or `app-settings:root=General&path=ACCESSIBILITY/LARGER_TEXT` - the most it will ever do is take us to the Accessibility screen, but not to the Larger Text screen one level down from that.

If there is a path for a Deep Link that will work and take the user directly to the LARGER_TEXT screen, please let us know if this is possible.

best,

— Faddah

Accepted Reply

Using URL schemes as you described to access settings is not supported API and may break in a future iOS release. The only way to access any settings content is through openSettingsURLString to open your app's page within Settings.

For your specific needs regarding accessibility, please file an enhancement request detailing your use case.

Replies

> the most it will ever do is take us to the Accessibility screen

Correct - that's as far as your app can go.

Using URL schemes as you described to access settings is not supported API and may break in a future iOS release. The only way to access any settings content is through openSettingsURLString to open your app's page within Settings.

For your specific needs regarding accessibility, please file an enhancement request detailing your use case.