B2B App no longer in "Purchased" tab of app store

This is not an enterprise distribution, but I think this is the most appropriate forum I could find

Short story 4 years ago developed a B2B app

Assigned that app to a customer vpp business account in itunes connect

That customer signed into the vpp account, purchased the app, and assigned it to an apple id

Using the assigned apple ID, the user logged into an iPad2 and went to the purchased tab of itunes connect to find the B2B app and installed

Periodically through out the past 4 years the user would factory reset the ipad, go to the purchased tab and find the app and install it. I last updated the app in the app store on Jun 15, 2018

Now the client reset the ipad, and the application is no longer in the purchased tab

I can reproduce this myself by logging into an ipad with the assigned credentials

From my point of view the itunes connect looks correct

I logged in with their business vpp account and see the app is assigned to them. However I am unsure how to view who they have assigned purchased licenses to.

Do these licenses expire? any ideas why they would disappear almost 4 years exactly to the date?

Thank you for any advice

Replies

What iOS versions did you set when you updated last month?

Instead of checking 'Purchased', can they search (B2B/VPP store) and find it? If so, does the store offer to re-install an older version?

That user may need to pull it from a backup.

Otherwise, I'd suggest they contact store support as a user and ask their opinion, but my opinion is that this is about the app, and not about the program/user status.

>Do these licenses expire?

B2B/VPP program agreement claims the entitlements never expire:

"MANAGED DISTRIBUTION

Upon completion of your purchase of Volume Content, you will be entitled to assign the specific iBooks Store Products or App Store Products that you have purchased in the quantity selected, each of which may be assigned to an iTunes or MAID account owned or controlled by you or one of your Authorized End Users or, in the case of App Store Volume Content, to a unique device owned or controlled by you or one of your Authorized End Users. This entitlement will not expire, subject to availability of the specific products."