Mail notifications missing

Ever since updating to the first and now second Beta of WatchOS 5 I'm not getting any notfications from Mail on my watch. All other apps work as before and expected, it is just Mail. I already remove all mail accounts and re-added them to no avail. Also changed the notifications settings from and to "mirrored" and "custom". Nothing. Can't find anything around that in the release notes; but clearly looks like a bug to me. Anyone else experiencing this?

Replies

I am having the same issue with Beta 2 and now 3. I get no notifications for incoming mail. When I look at the installed apps on the watch it appears that mail failed to install. I have tried both soft and hard resetting the watch and waiting and have not had any luck getting it to install. I can only assume that this is why I am not getting any notifications.

Same for Beta 3.

Yes exactly on iOS 12 beta 3 and WatchOS 5 beta 3 very badly communicate with each other, apple watch 3 serie - do not receive email notifications, do not synchronize contacts, can not be set in haptics response settings.

These beta 3s are very bad for apple watch owners, they would like a quick fix.

They are betas, so this can be expected. Nonetheless still an issue with Beta 4, even though contacts started syncing again, notifications for Mail still flawed. I seem to get them if I'm in the notification center on the watch by coincidence at the time of a new mail arriving, but not otherwise.

Third-party email clients work. I installed the Outlook client and the alert goes to the apple watch 3 and I'll even stay there.

Same problem with beta 5

Now in Beta 6 they arrive in Notification Center on the watch, but always delivered silently (no sound, no haptics) regardless of the notification setting (Allow Notifications or Deliver to Notification Center).

Hi All,

If you're seeing issues with silent notifications, please update to Beta 7 (released this week) and let us know if that's improved for you. We believe it should be addressed there

If it's still happening for you, please install the Alert Coordination and sysdiagnose profiles, reproduce the issue, and trigger a sysdiagnose to attach to a Bug Report.

Thanks!

-nick

Fix: open Mail app on watch. Fixed it for me

Not only did I open the app but I also manually turn off and on the Mail notification which came Thru first in the Notification Center of the Watch by sliding left and changing the options there

Same problem here, Watch 3 LTE and IPhone X, no Email notification ! iOS 12 and WatchOS 5 latest update

8 Plus, Watch 3 LTE - same issue!

Any updates on this?

Still doesn't work for me.

5.1 was released today for devs so maybe that will fix it?

Is somebody from Apple here and can confirm this bug ?