Schoolwork app launched

Apparently, the Schoolwork app has been released / launched today.

So, what bugs were fixed in it? What changes were made that we, the developers that will help make ClassKit and Schoolwork actually of any use, should have been told about?

Why is it that Apple seems to care less about supporting the developers? It is so frustrating to find out via a tweet from a tech website that something we've been putting serious effort into has been launched without any regard for us.

It's almost as if this ClassKit and Schoolwork thing is something Apple doesn't see as worth their time.

OK, I know I'm coming across bitter, but I've seen this before with Shared iPad, and have been really dissapointed by the lack of support from Apple for the devs trying to work with them. This just feels like the same thing all over again.

Replies

Now that I look at my bug report list, there are still significant (IMO) issues (e.g. radar 40161525) that have not been closed. Why launch with such issues? I haven't got an iPad handy now to retest with, so maybe it's been addressed, but I'd be surprised.