Cursor hanging intermittently

Anyone else noticing this? Often it seems like a web view will trigger the error, but then every 2-3 seconds the cursor will hang for a split second. It makes it incredibly annoying to use and only goes away with a full restart.

I've noticed the hidd process taking a few more cpu cycles when this happens, but it's not blasting my cpu by any means. For what it's worth, this error shows up in mhy console thousands of times:

WindowServer (CoreDisplay) [ERROR] - Attempting to get capabilities from device with no cursors

Replies

Literally the exact same thing is happening here. Word for word.

Also got these logs in Console.app although my mouse cursor is not actually freezing.

Almost a year since the orginal post....

I got a new Macbook Air for the holidays. The cursor sometimes hangs, more often is active when I don't want it to be. Text is misplaced, text is mistakenly highlisted for deletion, sometimes a whole page is dismissed or called up, making the one I was working on invisible.

This problem is worst inside web text boxeses,, email pages, and other online text environments, but not uncommon elsewhere. An odd clue: two comments under a YouTube how-to video each reproduced three times, for a total of two original posts and six copies.

Another clue, but not one that anyone at Apple has yet explained: the same thing happens on my mid-2012 Macbook Pro, also running Mojave 10.14. 5. A software bug communicated as shared data? An ancient Mayan curse? A series of calls from the 2001 obelisk?

I'm going to experiment here and have the phenomenon express itself if it chooses. I've been trained by the bug to type a certain way in order to minimize, to avoid an anomaly. magically . There's an example: "magically" should have appeared before "avoid."

Losing whole pages of texts and emails while I'm in a rush, as I am now, makes me loathe to remain a beta tester. When will Apple respond to my appeals?