Documentation missing in Xcode 9.3.1

I just updated to 9.3.1, and now I seem to have absolutely no documentation. In the Components section of Prefs, I can only download Simulators (dunno if docs disappeared from here long ago or what).

But yeah, I have absolutely no documentation.

Replies

Interesting. If I option-click on a symbol, I get a little popup with

Error Domain=com.apple.DNTDocumentationSupport Code=0 "disk I/O error" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=disk I/O error}

Same here.

I have the same error. Restarting Xcode brought documentation back, but it has since disappeared once again.

I noticed, when I initially installed 9.3.1, the first time I started it... a dialog popped up (with a progress bar) indicating that additional components were being installed. It took some time (something on the order 30 - 60 seconds if memory serves). I thought it was the docs.
Anyway, I see docs on the Help menu bar.
- Developer documentation
- API changes

- XCode Help

Any solution to this problem? I see no quick help but do see docs. XCode is just totally broken. Amazing something is so buggy after so many years.

This occurs again in ver.9.4.1.

Do you have Xcode 10 beta installed alongside Xcode 9 ?

I have both installed, disappeared for 9.4.1 - had not seen the problem with 9.4. Xcode 10 had docs and returning to 9.4.1 they appeared again. Definitely a bug since both should coexist and likely fixed in an upcoming release.

Yeah so this *****. I am on 9.4

also, suc.ks is a bad word for super pc apple

I'm getting it too. I restarted and now it works but how long is the question. I'm now updating to 9.4.1. I don't have xCode 10 installed.

After upgrading to Xcode 9.4 help was fixed for the first opt+click then it stoped working again with same error.

Same thing here on Xcode 9.4.1. No documentation whatsoever.