Spike in downloads in the US

A very old app with 10-20 DL suddently got 1.5k downloads in the US and Canada on Friday (21 April 18)

No promotion downloads says iTunes Connect.

Anyone else saw a spike in dowmloads in the US?

Last year many people got that from China but the US?!

Replies

I released a new app Friday May 4th and got a huge spike of US downloads. It’s my first app so I thought it was great uptake, but I’ve become suspicious as it downloads dropped right down today. Anyone else?

I released an app in about 3 months ago on August. SInce then I consistently get about 10 free downloads per day (its a free app with IAP).

On 16th November today, I noticed that the units sold (downloaded) was 1560! I checked that they are mainly form the US. I have a facebook anayltics tracker which can acurately tell me more data about the app's download activity. It only reported 7 downloads in the last day. So I'm wondering why is there a huge discrepency with apple itunes reporting a spike to 1560 downloads on this app.

My other 7 apps have normal downloads today, no issue. Just a sudden spike in this one app.

Furthermore the downloads are coming from desktop computer. This is really strange, my apps are only made for iOS. Could anyone help as to the possiblity of how this may be happening? or if anyone has noticed the same issue?

Thanks in advance!