Post marked as solved
3 Replies
1.5k Views
Hello, I'm hoping someone can answer a few questions i have, since Apple's documentation does not provide an answer. I'm simply just wanting to connect to a WiFi and disconnect from my app using these methods from the NEHotspotConfigurationManager: -applyConfiguration: -removeConfigurationForSSID: -getConfiguredSSIDsWithCompletionHandler: -fetchCurrentWithCompletionHandler: From this documentation, nothing mentions needing a special entitlement :https://developer.apple.com/documentation/networkextension/wi-fi_configuration?language=objc -Can someone please tell me if I need one for using those methods above? -What 'Capabilities' do i need to add in Xcode for those items above and to add to my profile? Right now I have 'Access Wifi Information' and 'Hotspot' but I'm unsure if I need Hotspot, since I'm not creating a VPN or my own hotspot, I'm just connecting to a specific WiFi from the app. Half of the comments on stack overflow or here say conflicting things, and I'd rather not waste a low level help from Apple on this. Thank you
Posted
by Jeffh2170.
Last updated