iOS 9 beta iCloud backup can't be deleted

I had iOS 9 beta for a little while and my iCloud did a backup, then I downgraded to iOS 8.3 due to bugs, and I wanted to delete my backup for extra storage, but it won't let me do it on any platform (iPhone, Mac). What should I do because I need that storage

Replies

This worked for me ! thanks.

This works for me, but only for one phantom backup I have like 5!!

Worked once. On the second backup when I try to turn off app data it tells me the apps data can't be deleted at this time.

EDIT: Turned off Backups again and it automatically deleted the second backup! Backups gone! The question is will the phantom backups come back if I turn backups back on?

It's weird that it's working for some people and not others. I've tried twice and still have all the "phantom backups" taking up space.

This worked for me! Thank you so much!!!! Just an extra tip, you have to upgrade back to iOS 9 on the same device or on the device you believe to have the invisible backups of. I tried using my iPad to delete the backup on my iphone, and while I was able to delete it, it did not get rid of the ghost backups. Updating to iOS 9 and deleting the backup on my iPhone did the trick though. 🙂

Seems to have worked once only sadly 😟

Every time I turn off/on backups I still see a 0 KB save, it deletes, but at the end of the day still there when I turn off/on backups again. I probably restored a couple GB but still 13 missing I guess 😟

Anyway, thanks for your tip, hopefully same method will get more effective with b6

Tried this sequence several times, didn't seem to work. However, this morning, the "phantom" 2g backup from my ios9 b4 ipad is gone from icloud - all that remains is my IOS 8.4 phone backup. Planning to leave cloud backup off on ios9 device...

I called apple support and after they spoke to another department with deeper cloud file manipulation rights, they told me that they found the reserved space (in my case over 30GB), freed it up and I should be able to see the corrections within the next 24 hrs. Fingers crossed!

They also told me that I wouldn't have been able to fix this myself.

it seems in beta 4 - (13A4325C) it works a little better

I delete an OLD backup and now sync

me neither 😟

iCloud just isn't working right anymore it seems. I have 1GB in iCloud Photo Library, 1.4GB for my iPhone (although when I select it it shows 0kb backup space) and then 1.2MB in documents in data. But here's the problem: I only have 2.2GB remaining, and I have previously bought the 20GB plan just to avoid the issue. I have no clue how to fix this and the last time I checked 1+1.2+some MB doesnt = 20. There's literally nothing taking that much space but I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

My solution:

1. Enable iCloud Backup

2. Go Settings - iCloud - Memory - Manage

3. Select Backup-Device

4. Delete Backup

5. On Error-Message - Retry - Retry - Retry (until success)

On iPad, I had to retry more then 10 times, on iPhone6 it takes nearly 20 times. But then 16GB of Phantom-Backups where gone!

I just tried this and although clicking retry aprox. 15 times worked for eventually deleting the current backup, it did not take any of the phantom backups I had with it. 😟

I just tried deleting my iPhone Backup (again) and it deleted on the 1st try, but still shows a large chunk of space beingtaken up by a Backup.

I deleted 15GB, having now 2GB of resistent Data. iOS9 still fails with new Backups.