Sandbox users don't work for in-apps testing (issue started on Jan-6, 2017)

Hello,

We are currently developing the app and testing in-apps (annual recurring subscriptions) using sandbox users. Test accounts (sandbox users) have been created in December 2016 and we successfully tested our app.

Starting today (Jan-6-2016), we can't use the created test (sandbox) accounts. We attempted to delete them and create new accounts, but these don't work as well.

Also I would like to add that verification is prompted for each newly added sandbox user, which wasn't the case before. Even if the account is verified, the verification process can't be completed and is promted as many times as we attempt to apply test purchasing of the subscription.

Does anyone experience the same issues?

I can also provide a couple of screenshots for visuals.

Could the Apple team contact me, if this issue is connected with your organizational updates or inability of certain services, thank you in advance.

Replies

It has been years, and the sandbox environment is still absolute garbage. How can apple be so good to their users but so horrible to their developers?

For this password stuff, the only solution I've come up with is to come back in a few hours.

MacCatalyst is getting better these months.

ok - For me, I'm testing on Mac. After much pain, this is finally what worked

1) create clean account

2) verify email

3) sign in (provide security questions)

4) delete build folder

5) rebuild app

6) launch with finder

7) log in

8) password is wrong (It isn't) - click to reset

9) choose the security question reset option (reset by email doesn't work)

10) reset things (your dob is 1980)

11) Finally things work - and for the first time you see the [Environment: Sandbox) label
I chose to cancel the transaction at this point
you can now run the app from xcode, and as soon as you do a purchase-related thing, you're already signed in and see the [Environment: Sandbox]

It's quite possible some of those steps were not required!

This is an old old thread on a problem that occured years ago. Please see the other thread on this forum on a similar problem that others are currently having. If your answer is relevant to that current thread, please repost it there.

This has worked for me – thank you poster!

Specifically, starting the app from the folder rather than running it from Xcode I believe was the key – I didn't delete the build folder or rebuilt the app.