Xcode 11.1 "Unable to Download Xcode"

So I tried installing this update three times. Each time all 7.6 GB "downloads" and begins the "Installing..." shortly after Xcode starts "Installing" I get a notification in the Notification Center "Unable to Download App" "Xcode could not be installed please try again later."
...Anyone else?

Replies

Same here. I have a 2017 MacBook Air on macOS Catalina 10.15.

After moving xCode 10 out of the app folder, it finally installed.

It's now on 11.3 and I'm still stuck on 11.1 (Catalina 10.15).

The Xcode Nagware keeps bugging you for the upgrade and after 7GB and 20mins of an attempted install, fails on you.

It's unfortunate that Xcode seems to be a prerequisite to a lot of the 3rdparty software like Conda, else I'd never touch it.

I'd never touch Xcode voluntarily as it's just a matter of time for it gets itself into a muddle, necessitating a full OS reinstall.

It is single-handedly the only that breaks on a Mac for me in the last six years - 3 laptops + 2 work ones, XCode every time, even though I never touch it. (a little galled by it)

I have the same problem, running Catalina 10.15.2. Console log shows that download completes, then App Store process gets killed for exceeding memory high water.

I had the same issue. For me it came down to this:
I had Xcode installed from the App Store. When the Xcode 12 GM was released, I renamed "Xcode.app" to "Xcode 11.app" and then downloaded the Xcode 12 GM and dragged it into Applications as "Xcode.app".

It turns out that the App Store keeps track of the Xcode version I had downloaded from it, even though I had renamed it to "Xcode 11.app". Only after deleting it did the update prompt disappear.
I keep getting the "not enough storage" error when downloading xcode despite having over 200 GB of hard disk space. I have spent days trying to sort out this problem. I wonder why I even bother to pay Apple for the privilege of being messed around like this. I even tried opening a terminal to check out what was going on but that act caused my computer to crash. And all this because my computer updated when I was away. And the most annoying thing is that I have been trying to update xcode because it no linger allows me to run apps on my up-to-date ipad for some bizarre reason. Really VERY POOR FROM A COMPANY THAT IS SUPPOSEDLY WORTH $ TRILLIONS. I think I will just revert back to my raspberry pi with linux

This is happening for me - Big Sur 11.5.1 - X Code 12.5.1