Code signature not valid when prefPane loads

Hello,

I am developing a prefPane. I noticed that when Catalina's System Preferences loads (in 10.14 all works as expected) a log message is posted in Console:

System Preferences Error loading .../Library/PreferencePanes/MyPane.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/MyPane: dlopen(.../Library/PreferencePanes/MyPane.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/MyPane, 0x0109): code signature in (.../Library/PreferencePanes/MyPane.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/MyPane) not valid for use in process: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not

Despite the log my pane is loaded and seems to run correctly (only Dark mode doesn't works as expected), but the log makes me worry.

Did anyone experience the same problem?

Thanks

Marco

Replies

I have the same issue.

I believe that it would be related to https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/110705 which was an issue with 10.14.

However, on 10.14 System Preferences.app the same Preferences Pane with dark mode works as expected.

It would be nice to get a fix on this before launch.

I agree with you. The problem is similar. Fortunately, at the moment, the pane is loaded.

About the appearance problem, i solved adding NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance = NO to pane Info.plist. This key was not necessary on 10.14.

Marco

Yep, that makes it load in dark mode now... Fixed enough for now; thanks!