When waking from sleep, display backlight will NOT turn on

Using Beta 1 (waiting on update), when the Macbook Pro I am using to test goes to sleep, it wakes up the keyboard backlight, but not the monitor backlight.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Could it be the age of my test laptop?

Macbook Pro mid 2011, 16 GB RAM 2.0 Ghz Intel Core i7.

Replies

Hi,

I also have the same problem, If I plug in an external monitor I can see the extended desktop on the monitor but the built-in display stays black. Only fix is to reboot. I also noticed that the display doesn't respond to changing brightness. Display shows as Automatically Adjust Brightness: No in System Information.

MBP Early 2011, 8GB RAM, 500GB, 2.0 Ghz i7, MacOS 10.13 Beta 2

I am able to adjust brightness manually, but yes, it does not automagically adjust, I hadn't noticed that as I usually use it in a well lit area. Thanks for telling me about that.

Are you still on beta 1 or have you updated?

Beta 2. Brightness adjustment no longer working.

Same. It show's it is adjusting, but doesn't actually make the adjustment.

Performed both an SMC and PRAM reset this morning. Worked one time where it went to sleep and woke up, since, not working.

I wonder if it is a Safe Sleep issue? I will test putting it to sleep vs letting it go to sleep and see if that makes a difference.

I've tried what you said but it does not work on my Mid 2010 17 inch Macbook Pro.

I've got the same issue on my mid-2012 MBP. It only works half the time.

+1 I have this issue and the brightness issue on my Early 2013 macbook pro running macOS High Sierra 10.13 (build 17A405).