iOS 9 & Apple Music

It is best to wait to get a new update iOS9 or downgrade to iOS 8.4 ? (sorry for my bad english) 🙂

Replies

Downgrading to 8.4 is possible, but not officially supported. You can apparently get Apple Music on iOS 9 by downloading and upgrading Beats Music from the App Store though.

Either way, it's very likely (though no-one can say for sure) that there'll be a new beta this time next week, if you think you can hold out that long 🙂

simple... work on your dev projects till apple starts to give a care about its 3rd party developers again

I really think its BAD that they didnt give the Developers access to Music as well. Thats really disappointing. We should have it earlier than the others not later. COnsidering a downgrade now....

Developers do have access to Music on their daily use devices which are all still running 8.x. iOS 9 beta is only to be installed on dedicated test devices.

Some of us are crazy mavericks and install betas on our daily driver devices 🙂

Anyway I think we just gotta be patient and wait for the next beta seeds

I'm not referring to the original poster, but I can't stand all these comments whining about things that don't work on iOS9 beta and that devs are poorly supported because "we" don't have Music from the start. I have only one device so I always have to think about if I go the dangerous path of using the betas and maybe bricking my main device where all my business goes over. But I would not complain about the state of the beta because IT CANNOT BE MORE CLEARLY STATED THAT THIS IS NOT FOR YOUR DAILY USE DEVICE!!!!! So I propose that you don't use it on your daily use device. Not sure why this is not understood by many here.

I actually don't have a problem with people doing that as long as they accept the risks and consequences.

What I do have a problem with is the endless complaining that certain features don't work, that performance isn't up to snuff, etc. IT'S A BETA. SOME STUFF IS NOT GOING TO WORK.

Valid point. What brought you here to post in the first place?

a good lough

This worked for me. I downdraded my iPad so I could try this. Once I did my phone running ios9 could see all my old beats playlists and search Apple Music. You wont get the Connect and For you section but you can get the music if you can get on an 8.4 device to sign up.

I was interested if Music works on beta 2, somehow. But I wouldn't complain if it doesn't, because it's obvious that I took an unsupported path by using my main device with a beta version. I'm not complaining about people (like me) that put beta software on their main device for various reasons, but I don't get the point why so many "developers" in this forum complain about the poor quality, missing features or major bugs/problems on their devices. I mean, nobody forced them to install this on their main device, so what's the problem?

My favroite one is the post above stating that devs should have access to Music before it goes public. If someone could give me a valid reason how app development is linked to a new music product it would help me a lot (or maybe it will collapse my whole system of logic).

Oh, and btw, could you explain for what functionality you need a beta version on your main device that you couldn't test on the simulator?

Bluetooth LE.

If you want to run WatchOS2 that is not realistically an option. I normally do not install beta OS versions myself but this time I was compelled to, I was also pretty confused about where to get Music... I figure we'll see an update shortly though.

Get REAL!

Have you ever even developed an application before? For the love of the almighty coding god, there are hundreds of scenarios that the simulator can't replicate to perfection. Otherwise why the **** would apple ever make a single firmware available prior to it's public launch?