App Store Beta 3 Update Stalling

Trying to download the update. It just sits there at 0 bytes of 880MB.

Web access to internet is working.

I logged out and back in. No change.

Replies

Hi,

I know it doesn't help but I am having the exact same issue.

My total download size is however 1.89GB, not 880MB as you announce. Did you manage to download the first 1GB so your 880MB is the missing delta??

Was able to download the MacOS Recovery HD Update without any issue so Internet access is not the reason.

Also Network monitor shows that there is no activity / data download.

Thanks.

Expereincing the same issue here, any suggestions?

Download no issues. Now have Beta 3 Version 16A254g 10.12 Beta. Now downloading Itunes version 12.5

Try the direct links at https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/52196

But pay particular attention to the method I described to install it. It's different with Sierra.

Hi,

thanks a lot for this link to your other post.

For me, this indeed solved the issue.

What I did :

• deleted everything inside the /Library/Updates/ folder (didn't delete the Updates folder obviously)
  • launch update from within the App Store
  • this finally started download of 1.89GB, however download stopped at 150MB
  • went back to the 031-68147 folder (it was re-created and contained 2 downloaded files + 1 dist file + 1 extraInfo file)
  • added the 2 missing files from other link
  • rebooted machine
  • Went to App Store and applied update (this time it did not try to download but prompted directly in reboot/update process)

Thanks a lot.

BR

Good.

In the past we used direct links instead of the mac app store. Well we can't really do that anymore - at least not easily. The role of direct links has changed.

So the role these direct links play now is that basically the poor old lethargic mac app store needs our help. So if we have already downloaded the packages via a browser and manually moved them into the correct location then we've actually done most of the hard work for the mac app store. We still have to use the mac app store to install it, but having the stuff already downloaded and in the correct location allows the mac app store to "get over the line" so to speak.

I hope that explains it.

I punted and reinstalled the Beta 1 installer, then updated.

I use a separate Admin account that is not logged into anything, so no data files issues.

Worked well. Messages was a bit wonky, since Beta 2 broked Mail and Messages on my system (crash on launch.)

Running nicely now apart from the App Store requesting updating an incompatible version of OS X Server.

>apart from the App Store requesting updating an incompatible version of OS X Server.

That old bug just won't die.

Hi tywebbooooo,

yes, this was indeed very clear. The only issue / question is how to get hold of the different files (their URLs) that compose the update so we can download them individually? Are they published by Apple in the Dev Center? I looked for them but couldn't find anything.

Thanks.

BR,

Lutz