2015 Retina MBP freezing in sleep

My Mid-2015 Retina MBP is freezing every time it goes to sleep. Trying to wake it up only shows a black screen with faint backlight. After doing a hard reset, and it restarts successfully, an alert message appears, "You shut down your computer because of a problem."

What should I look for in Console to find the root of the problem?

Replies

I had the same problem and reported it via bug reporter. I'm not sure what was causing the hangup, but since I reinstalled fresh on my mac, nearly everything that was working on El Cap works fine on Sierra.

Same issue here as well. Had to do a hard reset to recover it. Maybe MBP need more nap time and have formed a union?

I had the same issue on my 5K iMac Mid 2015. I disabled the screen saver which took care of the issue for me.

I had the same issue. Trying now to disable screen saver to see if that resolves the system hang.

duplicate issue; originally reported here: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/48839

one of the users has reported a radar issue. You can try remote desktoping in and you'll at least see the screen. From there, you don't have to force-shutdown; logging out restores my screen, so I do that from screen-sharing into the mac.

I am having the same issueon my 5K iMac and it continues to hang, even after disabling the screen saver. But I am not having any issues on my Macbook