Apple Watch most frustrating device to update!!

Bar none, the Apple Watch (any series), is the most frustrating and difficult device to update firmware.

From day 1, there are always "not connected" errors or just difficulty in general updating. Add to that, it takes longer than any other device to update is just plain annoying.

I cannot be the only person who deals with this almost every update. Fix it.

Replies

ios 11.4 beta 1. same for me with apple watch series 1. always showing not connecred. i tried to reboot iphone and watch, same issue. looks like its ios 11.4 beta bug

See watchOS beta forum.

Problem may have already been fixed.

Nothing has changed it still is the most annoying wearable I have even owned and I’ve had about all of them. Going to get rid of it soon if they don’t get some of these bugs out. Your telling me you need over half of my space on a device to be free to update. Give me a break...

This still isn't fixed. I've been trying to get my watch to update for 3 days and if I can get the software to download, it just freezes on "preparing." Once it told me that my watch was ready to use, but then it made me pair it again, and told me I had to download the update. Does anyone from apple even read this forum? This is beyond frustrating.

Still the most infuriating apple device. Apple DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!

Why is no one responding to this thread? Always gets stuck and freezes whenever you try to update or restore from backup. Apple watch is garbage and I am loosing hope.

Forreal - why don't the devs respond here? Because they know its garbage lol