Have UISplitViewController not as a root view.

Hello,

I am building an application in which I have a couple of screens to go through until I reach a split-view screen.

I know that the UISplitViewController should be the root view, but in my case that is impossible

What is the best way to approach this?

Container View Controllers are the only way I see to solve this.

If anyone has any suggestion or advice, it would be really appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Replies

What do you mean "A couple of screens to go through" to reach the split view controller?

If you've got a mandatory login sequence or something, you could just display that sequence as a modal view controller and leave the split view controller as root.

A splitview _is_ a container view.

>I have a couple of screens to go through until I reach a split-view screen.

Can you list your view heirarchy?

See this link on 'order of containment' to confirm your UI as relates to SV use:

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/WindowsViews/Conceptual/ViewControllerCatalog/Chapters/CombiningViewControllers.html

Combined View Controller Interfaces

I should have been more precise. I have 2 screens to go through...
I have to log in first, and then I am taken to another screen (call it Welcome screen) from which I can choose 2 other possibilities (one of them being the split-view screen).

The problem is, this is all in the navigation controller, so I have to be able to return to the Welcome screen from the splitViewController screen...
Not sure how I would do that with the modal view controller.

• I have the same issue, did you get any lead.

Add a Comment

I have the same issue, did you get any lead.