Code 12 in Windows 10 Bootcamp

I got the Developer Kit a few days ago in the post and have been giving it a go in MacOS and it runs quite well I have to say (even if it isnt the default GPU in the OS for some things), but today I tried to use the eGPU in Windows 10 via Bootcamp on a 2016 15 inch MacBook Pro and all I could get was a notification to restart the machine to finishing installing drivers ((even after restarting) and the following error:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

Has anyone had any experience with this, or know how to fix it? All I can find online are questionable hacks requiring the uninstalling of the discrete graphics cards drivers and fixes for other machines. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies

I also have this issue. I'm on an mbp 16 2019/20, amd 5600M, sonnet egpu and amd 5700xt running latest version of catalina and latest version of windows 10 pro (20H). I have tried mosts hacks too from egpu.io and even older versions of windows - no joy there.

However, I tried an NVIDIA EVGA GFX680 and that run without major issues. But of course not supported in mac. It's not feasibe to swap cards if wanting to boot on either windows or mac, apart from expensive. This issue should be fixed, please!