codesign wants to access key "access" in your bunch of keys

Hi,

my apps run on the iOSSimulator without problems and used to run on devices as well, but after updating to latest XCode-Version I am getting the above error message when trying to run an app on my iPhone 7. It says :

"codesign wants to access key "access" in your bunch of keys . To allow this enter your password".

... but my apple-Developer-ID-Password doesn't work.

And until updating to latest XCode-Version I never had any problems with codesign when running an app on iPhone device.

Any hints what's going wrong ?

XCode Version 9.1 (9B55)

iOS Version 11.1.2 (15B202)

Latest High Sierra Version, macbook Pro 2015

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of runner242 Down vote post of runner242
117k views
  • my user-pw and apple-id-pw didn't work... So I just left it empty and pressed enter. xCode continued building my app then.

Add a Comment

Replies

Only "Allow always" works for me.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Zzz_ Down vote reply of Zzz_
None of this worked for me. So, I hit Deny and opened the Key Access app. I found the Apple Developer passkey and double clicked it. Clicked Access Control tab and hit "Allow all applications to access this item." It asked for a login again, and it WAS NOT the Apple Developer password that worked--it was my laptop code.
Reran the Flutter app -- Apple Developer password login popped up again, and I entered my laptop password again.
Flutter app running.
Don't input your password, NULL => then OK. It's work to me.
I try apple account password, mac password, iphone password but fail :D
  • Thanks!

• Unbelievably, bafflingly, this worked for me as well. The answer was not to put in a password at all. How very zen. It boggles the mind.

Thanks mate.... that was the last thing in the world I'd have tried. I'm not sure what to say to this ... but apparently I can look forward to a bit of a change in the Apple user experience, now that I'm switching over to the dev side. I mean .... What? How? and Why?

• non sense but it works just leave it empty

Thank's all of you, guys. Only empty field worked for me.

You can see how the dimming behind the codesign wants to access key dialog box gets thicker and thicker over time - that's because there are multiple dialog boxes stacked on top of each other. Typing the correct user password and clicking "Always Allow" seems to work for now.

@runner242 Thanks a lot! The issue is still there. I had the same problem. Your solution just helped me a lot!

When this message appears ".... wants access to key access" the window offers three options : Allow always, Deny, Allow. For some reason it did not work when I click on Allow, but it worked when I click on "Allow always". And yes : It's the user's password.

I revoked my certificate generated new one and then signed with login password on mac

I had exactly the same thing and was trying too much variants... Then I opened Keychain Access, clicked Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority and changed Extensible Authentication (EAP) from Not value specified to Always Trust. I dont know is it was this thing, but flutter run successfully (but please notes that Im a biotechnologist in pharma industry who wants to make an app :)

This one nearly brought me to panic - tried everything, reinstalled Xcode, rebooted, nothing working. But through sheer will and perseverance I found the way through...

Here's what worked-

If you are presented with the dialog asking for username and password - first of all, it is the Mac user you want - the administrator for your computer, NOT the apple developer id.

Second - you may have to enter the user/password MULTIPLE TIMES. The same dialog will appear multiple times, just keep entering your user/password until it goes away. You will know if you entered the wrong user/password because the dialog shakes & jiggles. If it does not, you are entering it correctly and will get to the end of this.

Wow, just had this problem, and only "Cancel" or "Allow". Tried the user password multiple times, then all other old/possible passwords I could think of.

Finally I tried with an empty password - and that was it.

Dear Apple engineers - why would you ask for a password if none is set? SMH...

Enter your normal password you use to login to your device (like when you open the clamshell after a full shutdown), but this time press ALWAYS ALLOW instead of ALLOW so it can repeat itself a zillion times.

Apple is so dang dumb, they should fix this or at least put more explanation down, so people don't have to look this up here, but they really ARE a bunch of dunderheaded engineers.

I solved this by restarting my Mac and it stopped asking

Now I'm hitting this while trying to setup a new Mac. (I remember hitting this on the old one - but don't have the faintest idea how I fixed it back then.)

Some different quirks on the new Mac though - due to corporate security changes. The user logged in and running the build is NOT an administrator. So we get prompted multiple times to enter an Administrator id/pw (which we do have). There is no "Always Allow" button.

How do I fix it in this case?

Simply clicking "Allow" with an empty password worked for me.

I do have a password set for the current user, but that one didn't work. As per usual, Apples user-messages make no sense at all.

In case someone is facing this problem recently, now that there is only the 'allow' button, this is what worked for me:

After doing what other threads suggested (Reset My Default Keychain) what worked for me is that the password was literally nothing. When the default keychain is resetted, by default it does not have a password.

So if you just click on the continue/allow button without writing anything in the password field it will just work.